365 Challenge Day minus 26

Yesterday proved the value of creativity using a piece of paper and pen!







For my daily journal I now have a weekly content schedule. The discussion for today is about media types for each of the topics.

  • Monday; Monday Blues - Interesting facts. This is probably best as a blog with embedded links to videos and other interesting articles.
  • Tuesday; Coffee O’clock - Author’s Personal Story. Blog, video and podcasts.
  • Wednesday; Cozy Places - Short synopsis. Blog, reader, video, podcasts. Maybe, offer an option to download a FREE pdf version of a single story, poem, etc.
  • Thursday; Bedtime - Lifestyles. This is probably best as a blog with embedded links to videos and other interesting articles. Yet, this could also include video and podcasts of my yoga journey and other things of interest.
  • Friday; Share with a friend - Writing tips & Ideas. Videos, podcasts, quizzies, competitions, polls, writing exercises, samples from the writers lab course content.
  • Saturday; Day at the Beach - Characters, News, updates. Via the blog mainly I think. maybe an interview. I have this mad idea of doing one of these deliberately poorly lit videos like those where the interview doesn’t want to reveal the interviewee.
  • Sunday; Travel - Behind the scenes. This could cover a whole multitude of stuff from planning a story, how I create videos, presentation, my social media preparation.

Idea #1: What a I have decided is that I need to create a template or themed image for each specific day. I will set up a keynotes file and create a template for each content day.

Must set the image size. I will export the images from keynotes and then reduce the physical size to be suitable for web pages.

Image size: The actual dimensions of your image, in pixels. A typical image on a website or blog might be 795×300 pixels.

Medium compression (great quality) JPG – 151 KB

Resolution for web images: A professional printer might require images to be at least 300dpi. But most computer monitors display 72dpi or 92dpi, so anything higher than that is overkill and makes your image unnecessarily large

When you upload an image, WordPress not only uploads the original image, it automatically creates three resized images for you:

  • a Large version (default 600px)
  • a Medium version (default 300px)
  • a Thumbnail (default 150px)

Idea #2: Develop a matrix for the media types. I didn’t really make much of a break through here. I need to take a much deeper dive into this.



Comments