365 Challenge Day minus 8

Real Life Thursdays - Lifestyles



The last ten years hasn’t aged me, in fact, quite the opposite. People often joke that life begins when you turn fifty.

I became very conscience about my general health and fitness giving up my daily body weight routine for yoga. Yoga and various breathing techniques has literally transformed me in so many ways.

This weekly journal entry will start with me sharing what I have learned from my yoga journey. This will start with how it all started and then progress through a series of poses.

The entry will cover the pose, how to do the pose, the benefits, anatomy and share some amazing quotations from B.K.S. Iyengar.

  • 07-01-2021: Introduction to yoga!
  • 14-01-2021: Dog Pose, or Adho Mukha Shvanasana
  • 21-01-2021: Uttanasana or Standing Forward Bend
  • 28-01-2021: Utthita Trikonasana, [Extended] Triangle Pose

I plan to include videos and where I can show how certain yoga techniques could be applied to body weight exercises.

  • Pose + variations
  • Anatomy
  • Health Benefits
  • Links to sport
  • Quote from B.K.S. Iyengar

Note: I am practitioner, not a teacher of yoga. The content in the post is the lessons from my practise. I share these in the hope that I can encourage you to try yoga either at home or by signing up for a few classes.

‘Going to the gym will not transform your life. Yoga is a way of life, a journey, your journey to self-actualisation, discovering who you are and what are your limits.’

Comments